For an update of this post, a newer version on the theme of love, click here. Again, you’re most welcome to contribute to the list there.
Many movie lovers are fond of collecting, mentally at least, memorable movie quotes. They might watch a movie a few times, savor their favorite dialogues, might even memorize them and use them in their daily conversation. For others, certain movie quotes ring so true in their depiction of life, love, loss or lust, that they’d treasure them as commentary of their own experiences, or maybe even adopt them as credo for their life.
What’s interesting is, as these words are quoted out of context, they can still conjure up images from the movies, or elicit the particular sentiments that we had when we were watching the film. This is the power of story-telling when accompanied by visual images, edging in our minds meaningful thoughts and unforgettable sentiments.
I suppose every movie lover has his/her own favorite movie quotes. Here are some just to tap into that subconscious, hidden repertoire of your movie quotient. First the easy ones, the more recognizable quotes. Can you tell which movies they are from:
* We’ll always have Paris.
* If you build it, he will come.
* After all, tomorrow is another day.
* Love means never having to say you’re sorry.
* Life’s a box of chocolates…You never know what you’re gonna get.
Easy? Now try these more obscure ones, but just as memorable nonetheless:
* You look stupid and rich…I’m smart and poor.
* I like you very much…just as you are.
* We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race.
* I gotta keep breathing, because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?
* Pain is God’s megaphone to rouse a deaf world.
* My life is made up of units of time. Buying CDs – two units. Eating lunch – three units. Exercising – two units. All in all, I had a very full life. It’s just that it didn’t mean anything.
Hey, I just thought it would be a good idea to hear from movie lovers what their personal favorite quotes are. Let’s hear from you all. Send in your memorable movie quotes in the “Comment” section. Let’s have a Memorable Movie Quotes Fair!